Blog Archive

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Boycott Arizona??

This morning I read this thought-provoking editorial by columnist Leonard Pitts that - despite the discrimination being proposed by many Republican lawmakers in AZ being vetoed by that state's governor - suggests people still boycott the state. For the record, I love AZ and have many wonderful relatives out there. I, myself, have considered living there at some point in my life. I could more appreciate people wanting to boycott the state had she not vetoed it. Yet, I do understand what Pitts is saying about a boycott even after the fact. The trouble is, and as he points out, there are many states which have on their books currently or at one time have proposed equally offensive laws against humanity, animals, or the environment. If we boycotted each and every one of them, we may not have too many places to visit in these "United" States of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment